Mentoring Mondays is a weekly facilitated peer support group with a focus on tuning up your work search skills, benefitting from the collective wisdom of group members while understanding the challenges of job loss.
Join Mentoring Mondays, a weekly facilitated peer support group, with a focus on tuning-up your work search skills, benefitting from the collective wisdom of group members, all while understanding the many challenges of job loss.
Let volunteer facilitator, Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM. assist you in identifying how your many skills, talents, experiences, education and training can be transferable assets to a future employer.
1. Feel safe: what is said here; stays here - uphold confidentiality.
2. Feel heard - actively listen - avoid interrupting, side conversations, silence devices.
3. Feel accepted: share feelings and experience, not advice - avoid judgement.
4. Feel encouragement, support and feedback that contributes to their development.
1. Creating a job hunting schedule for yourself.
2. Tapping into the hidden job market.
3. Breaking down the job ad to create a targeted resume.
4. Effective interviewing techniques.
5. How to deal with challenging interview questions.
6. Negotiating a work contract.
7. Keeping your network alive and well during employment.